Posada Navideña Tour: Day 3


Today was a little more hectic than usual. In addition to our evening performance in Modesto, my students had their winter recital earlier in the day back in Sacramento, so I stayed until my last class had performed and then made the hour drive solo to join the rest of the company.

I arrived with about an hour and a half to do my makeup, warm up, and shove some food in my face.  The shows at the Gallo Center for the Performing Arts always seem a little more special to me because the Gallo is the first place I performed Posada Navideña with IMBA.  The stage is spacious compared with the Wells Fargo in Santa Rosa, and of course, having actual dressing rooms is always nice.  I only wish there was some place backstage where the flooring was carpeted rather than cold tile - trying to warm up and stretch on a cold floor always feels a little counter-productive.

The show tonight went beautifully.  The IMBA dancers are always such an inspiration to me.  They look out for each other like family and their sense of community translates to wonderfully rich group performances.  Following the show, it was time for the Annual Holiday Gift Exchange, an event in which hilarity and mischief always ensue.  Here's how we play: each participant draws a number to determine their turn.  During one's turn, each player may a). choose a present from the table or b). choose to take a present from another player.  Each gift may only be "stolen" three times.  On the third change of hands, the present rests with its final owner.  This set of rules leads to excitement, disappointment, and laughs for all involved.  The evening finished up with heartfelt words from each member of the company.  I truly love working with these dancers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballet Épaulement.

Preserving The Life of Your Pointe Shoes

Pointe Shoe Prep