2011 Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

This year's Jubilee was a ton of fun, as always.  It was a bit strange, I'll admit, being worried about getting rained on rather than getting a sunburn, but the weather certainly did not succeed in putting a damper on anyone's spirits.  Both Nick and I competed and made it to finals in the Annual Swing Dance Competition held at the Hyatt Hotel in Downtown Sacramento. It had been a while since I had competed at the Jazz Jubilee - usually I'm out enjoying soaking up as much music as I can from the live bands that are visiting.  Competing definitely changed my priorities for the weekend and limited my exposure to the bands, but I'm glad I did it.  It was definitely a great experience.  To find out more about the Sacramento Jazz Festival & Jubilee, visit www.sacjazz.com

Nick and his partner, Amber Hoffman

Nick and Amber

Me and my partner, Hunter Demaray

Me and Hunter

Photos by Andrei Chakhovskoi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballet Épaulement.

Preserving The Life of Your Pointe Shoes

Pointe Shoe Prep